GameCamp! currently doesn’t have a logo. As such, we are announcing a contest for a logo designed specifically for GameCamp! 2015, which will be used for the website, print materials, stickers, t-shirts, and other promotional materials.
This is a great opportunity for you graphic designers and visual artists out there.
And the winner will receive a $200 gift certificate in addition to some other guaranteed sweet swag.
The guidelines are as follow:
1. The design should represent the inclusive and diverse game development community we foster through GameCamp!
2. The design will be used in a banner style logo for the website (approximately 6 inches wide by 2 inches tall) as well as in a wider dimensions for t-shirts, stickers, and mugs (approximately 8 inches wide by 6 inches tall). Submissions should include two versions of the design that could be used for both needs, potentially through cropping and other modification or a pair of thematically linked logos.
3. The design should be in .png files and have 300 dpi for us to print on physical swag.
4. The design should use the color palette below. Other colors can be included, but these specific colors should be prominent.
Color by COLOURlovers
Click on the image to see the specific HEX and RGD values for the colors.
5. The design should include the text “UC Davis,” “GameCamp!,” “2015,” and “by ModLab.” These texts can appear in different emphasis but should be clear.
6. The design should not violate copyright. Only use images, fonts, and other assets that you have the rights and permissions to use for this purpose.
7. The design must be submitted to both Amanda and Josef by Friday, 9 January 2015 via email (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) We will reveal the winning design during the game design workshops to be held during the week of Monday, 12 January 2015.
Feel free to email us, the GameCamp! facilitators, with any questions or concerns.
-Amanda and Josef